Saturday, March 1, 2014

Jacko System Part 7

Time frames (for me) as a Trend Trader

I start with weekly, and then move closer in using daily, 4 hour and 1 hour to help me make a decision. Less than 4 hours tends to be "noise" rather than a "trend". They are the "sucker" rallies and declines.

But I am also starting to notice that it doesn't really matter anymore where I buy or sell.
The anti-hedging strategy is FAR, FAR, FAR more important.

The anti-hedging strategy ensures that... if you make a trade in the wrong direction, you can get your losses back ...AND you are in the direction of the trend.
Stick a trailing stop loss on it and you are guaranteed a profit.

So...
1. If your trade is a winner, you stick a trailing stop loss on it and let it run.

2. If your trade is a loser, employ the anti-hedging strategy, and at some time, you can get your losses back ...AND you are in the direction of the trend. Stick a trailing stop loss on it and let it run.

K.I.S.S. (keep it short and simple)

No comments: